Add a Class
Xyicon catalog items are created with a Class assignment, which helps organize the catalog items into categories, as well as provide additional filtering criteria on Spaces and in Grids. Layers on a Space can be toggled on and off by Class. Custom Fields are also assigned on a class-by-class basis. Examples of Classes include Printers, Telephones, Cabling, Rooms, or Plumbing.
- Select Catalog or Fields on the Main Menu.
- Select the Manage Classes icon in the toolbar. The Class Editor window will appear.
- Type the class name in the Add New Class textbox.
- Click the check ✔ button to save the new class.
- Click CLOSE. The new Class will now be available in the Xyicon Designer in the Catalog, on the Layers Panel in Spaces, and for Field assignment in Fields.