Copy and Paste Xyicons
The copy/paste function can help speed up data entry by creating “clones” of a Xyicon and its information. For example, if all the computers in a workspace share the same make/model, placement, and in-service date, you can fill in those fields on one Xyicon, copy it, then paste new Xyicons wherever a computer is needed. All the pasted Xyicons will have those fields populated.
In the Space
1. Find the Xyicon by either panning to it on the Space, searching for it in the Search Space, or adding one from the Catalog Panel.
2. Click the Xyicon to select it or use the multi-select function (see below). Press “Ctrl+C”, or right click and choose “Copy” in the dropdown menu to copy the Xyicon.
3. With the cursor, click where you want to the Xyicon to be pasted and press “Ctrl+V” or right click and choose "Paste" from the dropdown.
4. The new Xyicon will paste into the Space. You may repeat the paste function as many times as desired to create additional new Xyicon records.
While holding the Ctrl key, draw a box around the Xyicons you wish to select. Press “Ctrl+C”, or right click and choose “Copy” in the dropdown menu to copy the Xyicon, then continue with Step 3 above.
Click the Multi-Select button in the Feature Toolbar. The cursor changes to crosshairs, now draw a box around the Xyicons to select. Press “Ctrl+C” or right click and choose “Copy” in the dropdown menu to copy the Xyicon, then continue with Step 3 above.
- It may take a moment for the pasted Xyicon to appear on the Space.
- Each pasted Xyicon will have a unique Xyicon ID.