Creating a Report
Use this article to learn how to create a report that belongs to the User Created report category. The steps below outline how to create a new report from scratch. To learn how to create a new report using an existing one, read the Cloning a Report article.
Step 1 - Enter Report Details
In this step, you will enter basic report details and define the scope of the report.
- Go to Main Menu > REPORTS.
- Click the Create New Report button ( ) on the Action Bar. On the dropdown, select whether you want to create a Xyicon Report or a Boundary Report.
- On the Create Report wizard displayed to the right, enter a unique name for the report in the Report Name field.
- Next, set the scope of the report in the Scope field. Available options are:
- Current Portfolio - Your xyicon report will be based on the currently active portfolio.
- Portfolio List - Your report will be based on multiple portfolios. Click the List field to select the portfolios that must be included in the report.
- Organization - Your report will be based on all the portfolios that belong to your SpaceRunner organization.
- Enter the description of the report in the Description field.
- Create the report or click Next to choose the report columns.
Step 2 - Select Report Columns
In this step, you can select the columns you want to display in your report and the report format.
- First, choose the report format. By default, all SpaceRunner reports use the detailed format. To get a summarized report, turn on the Summarize results for this report toggle.
- Next, select the fields you want to view in the report on the Available fields section. To select multiple fields, hold down the Ctrl key while selecting.
- Drag and drop the selected fields to the Selected fields for columns section. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as required. Alternatively, you can use the Move Left ( ) and Move Right ( ) buttons to move columns between the two sections.
- Create the report or click Next to set the sort order of the selected columns.
Step 3 - Set the Sort Order
In this step, you can configure in which order you want the report to display the records.
Step 4 - Apply Filters
Use this step to show a specific set of records in your report.
Step 5 - Configure Custom Column Headings
By default, SpaceRunner uses the field names as the report column headings. If you want the report to display different column titles you can define them in this step.
- Under the Display Name in Header section, enter a custom heading for each report column.
- Create the report.
Step 6 - Create the Report
To complete creating the report, select one of the following actions:
- Click Save & Run to save and run the report immediately. The Report Preview window will open once the report is ready.
- Click Save to save the report. You can run the report from the REPORTS module at a later date.